Do you have a great story idea and know who might be interested? Use the Pitch Board to expose your pitch to an Organization of your choice. This way, any editor in an organization looking for stories ideas can go to the Pitch board and see your pitch.
- Click on the “Create Project” button at the top left of your screen.
- Enter the title of your project and the description.
- Click on the “Save Draft” button.
- Under the “Organization” field, type in the publisher you want to submit your pitch to. As you type, a list of organizations will appear below. Only what is listed will be eligible to use.
- Enter your fee. Note: Ebyline does not determine the fee of a project. The fee is negotiated between you and the editor you are working with.
- Select project completion date. This is the date you can have the project completed and ready for purchase.
- Add tags to your project by typing into the field and selecting from the drop down list. This will allow editors to search for your project by these keywords.
- Click on the “Post to PitchBoard” button at the top right of the project page. If this button reads “Assign Approver”, then the “Organization” field has not yet been filled.
- Accept the terms and conditions provided by the organization and Ebyline.
- Your pitch is now on the Pitch Board. You may remove the pitch from the board by clicking on the “Remove from Pitch Board” button and change organizations at this point.
- Once your pitch is on the Pitch Board, any editor from the organization you chose will be able to see it. They can either accept it straightaway or go into negotiations with you.
- Click the "Files" navigation link.
- Click the "Add File" button to upload assets (i.e. press releases or images)
- Click the "Save Changes" button.
- Click the "Expenses" navigation link.
- Check the box labeled "Allow Expenses".
- Click the "Add Expense" button and enter a description.
- Click the "Save" button.
- At any time during the negotiation process, if an editor unchecks the "Allow Expenses" box you will not be able to include expenses with that project.
The status of your pitch is displayed in the row below the title.
Use this when the editor hasn't taken action on a pitch and you want to close the project without sending it to a different editor.
- Select the pitch from the List Rail.
- Click the "Cancel Negotiation" button.
- Enter the reason for the cancellation.
- Click the Options button (gear with drop down arrow), located at the top left side of the project status bar.
- Select "Delete" and confirm by clicking on the "Delete" button. The project will close and be removed from your List Rail.