Editors can send payment directly to freelancers using the Send Payment feature. This allows you to create an invoice that details what the payment is for, and immediately queue it for payment to the freelancer. Your freelancer will not be required to accept or act on the payment, so there will be no delay in processing the payment. Invoices should not be created for projects already in Ebyline, as this may result in duplicate charges to your organization.
To send payment:
- Click on the "Create Payment" button in the top left of the screen.
- Click "Send Payment".
- Enter a title for the payment in the "What is this payment for?" field.
- Type the name of the freelancer you want to send payment to in the "Who should receive this payment?" field and select from the drop down list. Note: If your freelancer does not yet have an Ebyline account, enter their email address in this field.
- Click the "Add Expenses" button.
- Complete the first line item by entering a date, selecting the type of expense, and entering the amount. Note: You may also enter a merchant name and a note, but those fields are optional.
- Click the "Save" button directly under the line item to update your payment.
- To include additional line items repeat steps 5-7.
- Click the "Approve and Pay" button.
- Agree to the terms and click the "Authorize Purchase" button.
- An alert will be sent to your freelancer of the upcoming payment. During the next billing cycle, this payment will be including in your organization's invoice.